layout

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Love of My Life

Ladies and gentleman, I believe I may have found my future husband.

The other day I was standing at the deli counter at Central Market, minding my own business, ordering some ham and cheese, when a super cute guy came up to the counter next to me and proceeded to have the following conversation with the next available ham slicer:

Husband - "I need a half pound of prosciutto - what do you recommend?"

Lady - "Well, what will you be eating it with?"

Husband - "My fingers."

(Cut to me, choking on my Swiss sample)

Lady, with a slight chuckle - "OK . . . but what will you be pairing it with?"

Husband, dead serious - "Nothing.  It's pretty much going directly into my mouth when I get home."

He is clearly my soul mate.  I nearly followed him home.  Since I didn't, I basically have no choice but to stake out the Central Market deli counter until I see him again.  Maybe next time he'll get some white American cheese to roll up and snarf on in the car on the way home, and the deal will be all but sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...